Confederacy of Allied States
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

C. A. S. Constitutional Convention

+2
Zakiristan
Unovia
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

C. A. S. Constitutional Convention Empty C. A. S. Constitutional Convention

Post by Unovia Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:41 am

Valgard City, Unovia
Ben Connors, Leader of Unovia, sat at his desk. "Ok. We have set up this Constitutional Convention. Now we have to wait." He called in his secretary, Lauren Hughes. "Mrs. Hughes, get me the Constitutional Convention proposal." "Yes sir", she said. 10 minutes later, the proposal was on his desk. "Hopefully we can get going on this soon."
In front of the Government building, there was a banner. It read,
DELEGATES! WELCOME TO THE CONSTITUTIONAL CONVENTION!

Unovia
Admin

Back to top Go down

C. A. S. Constitutional Convention Empty Re: C. A. S. Constitutional Convention

Post by Zakiristan Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:21 pm

Good morning sir,I hope we can get through this fairly easily as zakiristain is by unovia's side all the time.When do we start?
Zakiristan
Zakiristan
Admin

https://ca-s.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Unovia Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:14 pm

Connors greeted, then spoke. "Hello Zakiristan. It is great to see you. Well, I hope to start as soon as Turkieye, Schorr, Aloia, and New Zealand show up here."
He pulled out his proposal. "Do make yourself comfortable, this will take a bit, as all of us, I am sure, will have differing ideas on how to create this government and Constitution."

Unovia
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by New-Zealand Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:18 pm

*New-Zealand Ambassador Johnson runs in* "Sorry I am late, the traffic on the way here was just gridlocked for miles. Some idiot was driving to fast and knife jacked his truck, he ended up blocking the entire south bound side of the highway. I do commend your emergency service though, they were there in an instant and got the road cleared up in a few hours." *He then sits down in his chair and takes a large drink from his glass of water*
New-Zealand
New-Zealand

Back to top Go down

Post by Unovia Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:33 pm

Connors said, "Welcome Ambassador Johnson. We are glad you could make it. There are still a couple nations that are set to come, so get your thoughts prepared. We are going to be here for a bit."

Unovia
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Turkiye Federal Republic Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:46 am

Ambassador of Turkiye, Mehmet goes in and says 'Sorry I'm late. There were problems in Atlantic Ocean so the plane had to go to Colombia and from Colombia it comes to Unovia.

Turkiye Federal Republic
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Unovia Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:12 pm

Connors said, "Well, welcome to you all. We have two more members who are planning to come, but I don't know when they will show up, so lets start this Convention."
Connors continued. There are 3 things we are here to discuss. First, of course is the writing of the Constitution. Second, we are going to discuss locations for a planned regional capital. Third, we will discuss Government offices and basic structure."
Connors sat back.

Unovia
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Turkiye Federal Republic Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:40 pm

Mehmet stands up and said 'Turkish Government asks Consitutional Convection to discuss about CASTM'Åž. After he says that, he sat down and gets ready to listen what others will say

Turkiye Federal Republic
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Unovia Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:58 pm

Connors said,"Ok. That will be added to the agenda. Anyone here have any other agenda points before we continue?"

Unovia
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Unovia Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:12 pm

Connors said, "Ok. Lets get to the first issue, the writing of the Constitution." He pulled out a folder. "This is the Unovian proposal." He put it on the desk and asked Mrs. Hughes to distribute copies. "The version we are offering is 2 and 1/2 pages." The option offered read as follows:
The Constitution of The Confederacy of Allied States
Preamble
We, the nations assembled and within the region of The Confederacy of Allied States, in order to officially organize as a region, do propose this Constitution to be in effect as long as the region exists. We, as a region, believe this region to be of a sound basis for a Government by the nations and for the nations.

Unovia
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Unovia Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:13 pm

Article I
The Parliament
This is to be a region created by the region, for the nations and by the nations. Therefore, there is to be a parliament as a branch of the Government. The WA Delegate is to be part of the Parliament. The parliament has the following powers:
1.To write and pass laws
2.To remove the prime minister by majority decision
3.To confirm all judicial appointments
4.To declare War

Unovia
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Unovia Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:13 pm

Article II
The Prime Minister
The Prime Minister is to be elected. They are to be elected to a 3 month term, with the possibility of reelection to an unlimited amount of terms, should the people want to keep them in. Elections will occur two weeks before the end of the Prime Minister's Term.
The Prime Minister has the following powers:
1.To sign into effect laws passed by Parliament
2.To Veto laws passed by Parliament
3. To make treaties with foreign Governments

Unovia
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Unovia Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:33 pm

Article III
The Allied Court of Justice
The Allied Court of Justice will have 3 members. The court is to decide all cases brought before it. All decisions made by the court are final. Justices will be given 5 month terms, which are unlimited in number. The Court of Justice will have a Chief Justice, which will make the final decisions in all cases and publish the majority decision.

Unovia
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Unovia Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:36 pm

Article IV
The Jury
The region will have a jury. This jury will sit in on all court cases. It is to be illegal for the jury to discuss court cases, whether amongst themselves or with justices while the trial is being done.

Unovia
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Unovia Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:46 pm

Article V
The Founder and WA Delegate
The Founder and the WA Delegate are to represent the region when no Government exists. The Founder is to make Embassy requests with other nations, make the regional flag, eject, ban, or banject nations as necessary. The WA Delegate is to be part of the parliment, with the job of breaking ties if needed and represent the region when there is a lack of a Founder.

Unovia
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Unovia Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:50 pm

Article VI
Actions of the Nations
The nations of this region will fully and completely respect all other nations in the region. That includes any disagreeable opinions that one may have. All nations in the region will remember the golden rule, and will conduct themselves in that way. When new nations enter the region, they will have the same rights as the nations who established this region. New nations to the region must respect the established government. They will also be able to run for election to the offices that are established. Anything deemed necessary to the continuity of the region can be enacted, provided a majority approves.

Unovia
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Unovia Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:52 pm

Article VII
Amendment of the Constitution
This Constitution can only be amended by a majority vote of the Parliment as the law making body. All branches and the people can propose amendments, and provided that the majority votes in favor of said amendment, it will be passed.

Unovia
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Unovia Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:53 pm

Article VIII
Supremacy of this Document
The Constitution will be the supreme law of the region. There are to be no other documents to question the supremacy, only to add to it. The supremacy of the document will exist until repealed or until the region ceases to exist.

Unovia
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Unovia Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:55 pm

Article IX
Ratification
The Ratification of this document requires a majority of nations to vote in an yes or no fashion.

Connors said, "What do you all think?"
OOC:The Constitutional Proposal starts on page 1.

Unovia
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aloia. Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:35 pm

Crown Prince Eric, son of Queen Aetra, replies, "I'm still not sure what purpose the jury serves. If they don't have any voice in the court discussions, what purpose do they serve?"
"I agree with Eric. I also would support some kind of security council charged with maintaining the safety and stability of all nations in the region. We could have a massive coalition of armies to do the bidding of the council," Athena Rhodes, official representative of Aloia states.
Aloia.
Aloia.

Back to top Go down

Post by Unovia Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:39 pm

Connors said, "This is a proposal. If you have an idea on how to fix it, or have a proposal of your own, please bring it up. How would you address those questions in a Constitution?"

Unovia
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aloia. Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:50 pm

"I suggest we eliminate the jury and create a security council. The council will be served by the 5 nations with the largest military forces and be overseen by the Parliament. The Parliament will tell the Security Council how to act and what actions to take and the members of the Security Council will oversee the mobilization of the armies, navies and air forces when they need to go to war to defend freedom," Athena replied.
Aloia.
Aloia.

Back to top Go down

Post by Unovia Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:24 am

Connors said, "Ok. That makes a lot of sense. Article IV will be amended to better fit the needs of the nations in the region."
He looked at the others. "Are there any changes you all would suggest we make?"

Unovia
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kambana Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:06 am

David Colins
I walked into the conference room and quickly picked a seat at the table. I had been sent as the represenative of Kambana, a former colony of Unovia that is now independent. Our President Jallin Lamor has pushed for us to join the C.A.S and it eventually passed the Congress. I greeted President Connors of Unovia.

"Hello Mr. President. I am sorry for my late arrival. I will be representing Kambana at this convention."

I sat back down. Connors must have thought it was ironic, that a man of Unovian descent would be representing Kambana at this summit. Well, I smiled to myself and loosened my tie and cuffs nd grabbed a cup of coffee. I then looked over the articles thus far and made my position known.

"My first thought is that a simple majority is not enough to ratify this constitution. Article IX states as of now that all is required is a majority. But what if it passes by a narrow fold of only two, or even one nation? And will all nations have a single vote, regardless of size and population? Or will all nations have a single vote? I feel we must be more specific when building a government. I propose that a 2/3 is required for ratification. And all naions regardless of size will have only a single vote."

Kambana

Back to top Go down

Post by Unovia Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:19 am

Connors said, "Hello Mr. Collins. So you are arguing one nation, one vote. We intended to let this be open to all nations. I am not sure if we can get 2/3 of all nations in the region. Most don't even actively participate. If anything, maybe the vote should be 2/3 of all ACTIVE Nations in the region. Otherwise it may never be passed."

Unovia
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum