Confederacy of Allied States
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

C. A. S. Constitutional Convention

+2
Zakiristan
Unovia
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

C. A. S. Constitutional Convention - Page 2 Empty Re: C. A. S. Constitutional Convention

Post by Aloia. Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:36 am

"I agree with Mr. Colins. Each nation should only get one vote and we should require a 2/3 supermajority for the Constitution to pass. I also think that if the Constitution doesn't pass, we need to host another Constitutional Convention to address whatever issues nations that voted 'no' have with the document," Athena Rhodes said. Prince Eric had returned to Aloia to address the Aloian High Council of Lords and Senate on the progress of the Convention.
Aloia.
Aloia.

Back to top Go down

C. A. S. Constitutional Convention - Page 2 Empty Re: C. A. S. Constitutional Convention

Post by Unovia Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:03 pm

Connors sat and thought for a moment, listening to the Aloian proposal. "Honestly, Mrs. Rhodes, you thinking is sound. I do have an issue with the 2/3 supermajority using every nation in the region. Several nations reside here or keep puppets here, but none of them participate. Several nations that are not puppets do not participate as well. What would you do to get them to vote?
I would also recommend that we get all of our issues out in this Convention and have a trial run of the Government. Whatever doesn't work we amend. That is all I can think of at this time."

Unovia
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kambana Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:38 am

David Collins
"What about a 2/3 majority of all active nations? For a nation to have a voting right they must prove they can handle the responibility of it. If they wish to decide C.A.S government they must contribute to it. So, I can propose we keep a 2/3 majority and then decide what set standards will entail voting rights to nations. Such as contributing to debates, recruiting new nations and working in regional summits and meetings. Such as this here Constitutional Convention. If we use a simple majority, then that could allow puppet nations to tip the scales in an unbalanced way. I propose we kep the 2/3 majority and then focus on voting requirements."

Kambana

Back to top Go down

Post by Unovia Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:53 am

Ben Connors said of the Kambanan proposal, "Mr. Collins. This proposal would work. It is what I am aiming for for the Government. That means that all nations that are here at this Convention would be the ones to be able to run for office. That would make a lot of sense. I like your idea. All for it."

Unovia
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by New-Zealand Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:40 am

Mr. Johnson spoke up, "I dont have any objections so far, You guys keep going, your coming up with some great ideas."
New-Zealand
New-Zealand

Back to top Go down

Post by Unovia Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:34 am

Connors said, "Thanks Mr. Johnson." He looks at the other delegates. "Are there other fixes to the Constitution before I make the fixes permanent and we vote on the Constitution?"
Connors stopped talking and looked at the other delegates again.

Unovia
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Unovia Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:20 pm

Connors said, "Well, if there are no objections, this is our Constitution."
He put it up on the table. It read:

The Constitution of The Confederacy of Allied States
Preamble
We, the nations assembled and within the region of The Confederacy of Allied States, in order to officially organize as a region, do propose this Constitution to be in effect as long as the region exists. We, as a region, believe this region to be of a sound basis for a Government by the nations and for the nations.
Article I
The Parliament
This is to be a region created by the region, for the nations and by the nations. Therefore, there is to be a parliament as a branch of the Government. The WA Delegate is to be part of the Parliament. The parliament has the following powers:
1.To write and pass laws
2.To remove the prime minister by majority decision
3.To confirm all judicial appointments
4.To declare War
Article II
The Prime Minister
The Prime Minister is to be elected. They are to be elected to a 3 month term, with the possibility of reelection to an unlimited amount of terms, should the people want to keep them in. Elections will occur two weeks before the end of the Prime Minister's Term.
The Prime Minister has the following powers:
1.To sign into effect laws passed by Parliament
2.To Veto laws passed by Parliament
3. To make treaties with foreign Governments
Article III
The Allied Court of Justice
The Allied Court of Justice will have 3 members. The court is to decide all cases brought before it. All decisions made by the court are final. Justices will be given 5 month terms, which are unlimited in number. The Court of Justice will have a Chief Justice, which will make the final decisions in all cases and publish the majority decision.
Article IV
The Security Council
The council will be served by the 5 nations with the largest military forces and be overseen by the Parliament. The Parliament will tell the Security Council how to act and what actions to take and the members of the Security Council will oversee the mobilization of the armies, navies and air forces when they need to go to war to defend freedom.
Article V
The Founder and WA Delegate
The Founder and the WA Delegate are to represent the region when no Government exists. The Founder is to make Embassy requests with other nations, make the regional flag, eject, ban, or banject nations as necessary. The WA Delegate is to be part of the parliment, with the job of breaking ties if needed and represent the region when there is a lack of a Founder.
Article VI
Actions of the Nations
The nations of this region will fully and completely respect all other nations in the region. That includes any disagreeable opinions that one may have. All nations in the region will remember the golden rule, and will conduct themselves in that way. When new nations enter the region, they will have the same rights as the nations who established this region. New nations to the region must respect the established government. They will also be able to run for election to the offices that are established. Anything deemed necessary to the continuity of the region can be enacted, provided a majority approves.
Article VII
Amendment of the Constitution
This Constitution can only be amended by a majority vote of the Parliment as the law making body. All branches and the people can propose amendments, and provided that the majority votes in favor of said amendment, it will be passed.
Article VIII
Supremacy of this Document
The Constitution will be the supreme law of the region. There are to be no other documents to question the supremacy, only to add to it. The supremacy of the document will exist until repealed or until the region ceases to exist.

Article IX
Ratification
The Ratification of this document requires a 2/3 majority of active nations to vote in an yes or no fashion.

Unovia
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Unovia Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:22 pm

Connors continued. "I ask all of you nations to vote on the Constitution. I vote yes to our Constitution as it now stands."

Unovia
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aloia. Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:29 pm

"Aloia votes yes to the Constitution," Athena said with a wide smile.
Aloia.
Aloia.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kambana Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:35 pm

David Collins
"Kambana approves of the Constitution." I chimed in. My nation has had a pretty active part in it I suppose.

Kambana

Back to top Go down

Post by Unovia Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:42 pm

Connors said, "All too true, Mr. Collins. We welcome your service in this hour of need. Thank you for the support."
OOC:Everyone must Vote on this.

Unovia
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kambana Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:37 pm

OOC: Voted.

Kambana

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum